Hey there guys! Today I’m going to give you a few tips on how to read more books. These might help when you’re in a reading slump and just don’t really feel like reading but you actually want to. (like me 2 weeks ago) I hope these tips will get you out of your reading slump or at least are a little bit helpful to you. Enjoy!
Start a Morning Ritual.
Recently I decided to make time for reading each morning before I go to school. When I wake up at 6:30, I read for 20 minutes. This lets me squeeze in reading time on a schedule that would otherwise be too busy during the day. Even if you can only get 15-30 minutes of reading each morning like me, you can still read 20-30 books each year.
One Book at a Time.
If you want to multi-task between reading 3 different books you are basically wasting your time. It’s important to keep your head to the story and if you’re still with the previous storyline of the night before in your head it very difficult to do that. My rule is to just read one book at a time so your brain doesn’t get messed up between the different books. This makes it easier to focus on them and to finish them faster.
Always Take a Book With You.
If you plan on going anywhere, keep a book with you so you can read if you have to wait.
Throughout your day there are probably a couple of moments where you have to wait for a few minutes, during breaks or even when you’re waiting for a bus/train. Having a book with you means those moments aren’t wasted. Of course an e-reader or just a digital book on your phone is a lot handier in these situations.
Hey readers of Tea Cups and Literature,
Today I’m doing my September bookhaul (and I know, I’m very late…)
September was a really good book-buying-month for me, I bought a total of 6 books!
I won’t tell you a lot about the books because some of them are the 2nd book in a series and I don’t want to spoil you guys!
Lets get on with the bookhaul now 😉
The first book I bought was A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas.
This is the sequel to A Court of Thorns and Roses which I loved a lot! I won’t tell you guys the plot because of spoilers 😉
The next book I got was Crown of Midnight which is also by Sarah J Maas.
Look at this cover!
This is the sequel to Throne of Glass which I also loved but I enjoyed A Court of Thorns and Roses a lot more!
→ Series; N/A
→ Genre; Young Adults
→ Pages; 310
→ Age; 15+
→ Rate; ☆☆☆ ½
The book is told from the point of view of two teenage boys, both named Will Grayson. In Chicago, the first Will Grayson is best friends with Tiny Cooper, a homosexual football player. The other Will Grayson, a homosexual from Naperville that suffers from depression, tells the second story. After Will Grayson and Will Grayson discover each other, Green and Levithan use their characters to explore themes of love, honesty, and friendship. As their worlds collide and intertwine, the Will Graysons find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, building toward romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history’s most fabulous high school musical.
Hey guys! It’s Matti here! You might know me from my other blog The Bookly Hallowss, yeah well I decided to make a new one because I didn’t really did a good job on keeping it active and all that stuffff. Anyway, I’m back!! This time I brought the most lovely co-owner you could ever imagine with me. I’ve known Tom for over a year now and I love him so much so I hope you do too!
Aaaaannyway, let’s get started with a couple of facts, shall we?
- I live in Belgium. (yeah we’re those cool guys who invented fries and chocolate, bYE)
- I haven’t had a proper bookshelf and now I just have 7 gigantic piles of books stacked somewhere.
- I’m currently reading the Eye of Minds by James Dashner. (but I’m kinda in a reading slump oops)
- My favourite book is I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson.
- My favourite book series are; Harry Potter, the Hunger Games, the Mortal Instruments, Percy Jackson and the Maze Runner.
- My hobbies are reading, watching Netflix, eating, sleeping, editing for my Instagram fan account (*cough* fact 17 please) & crying over fictional characters.
- My favourite TV shows are; Doctor Who, Sherlock, Stranger Things, Shadowhunters, Teen Wolf and Once Upon A Time.
- I’m in 10th grade. (I think, we don’t really work with grades here in Belgium)
- I’m 14 years old but I’m turning 15 on the 5th of December.
- My favourite singers/bands are Twenty One Pilots, Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Ed Sheeran, Troye Sivan, Halsey, Melanie Martinez, Blackbear & Drake. (i have the most variated music taste ever)
- I used to have fish, but one day when I got home, all the water that used to be in my fishtank was on the floor so bye bye fish.
- I have one younger brother called Luka, he’s nine.
- I’d like to be an author when I grow up but it sounds kinda unrealistic.
- My dream is to meet all of my internet friends. (i have too much, I could fill my whole garden with all my internet friends)
- I really like chocolate.
- I currently have a cold and I broke up with my boyfriend a couple of days ago so things could go better thankkk.
- I have an Instagram fandom account called @accio.mockingjay where I post daily edits yay. (sneaky little selfpromotion)
- I really like to drink tea with loootts of honey in it.
- These are way to many facts holy guacamole. If you made it until here, you’re a legend.
- Tom is an amazing smol bean.
Okaaayyy that was it, I hope you guys will like our blog because I’m really going to try to put a lot of effort in it. Comment something below you want me to know about you! I’m so excited to get to know all of you!
Ah, a new fresh start. Doesn’t that feel good?
Hey readers of Tea Cups & Literature,
Matti decided to restart her blog and she added a new co-owner; me! I’m going to tell you 20 facts about myself and I hope you’ll like me 🙂
- I am from the Netherlands.
- Cassandra Clare is my favorite author of all time.
- I really enjoy Orphan Black.
- I have blue eyes and brown hair.
- I’m currently reading Lady Midnight (FINALLY).
- PIZZA IS LIFE.
- I’m currently in 10th grade.
- My next read will be Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.
- I have 3 dogs; Bella, Max & Bob.
- I want to become an English teacher when I’m older.
- My Instagram is @malfoybooks.
- My favorite countries are England & Germany.
- I have a penpal from Switzerland, she’s amazing.
- I really like making posts on here.
- My favorite book of all time is City of Heavenly Fire.
- I don’t like John Green.
- I’ve met Veronica Roth (author of Divergent).
- I’ve got a signed copy of Lady Midnight and I love it.
- My life goal is to meet J.K. Rowling (ain’t gonna happen)
- I want to meet Matti so bad.
And that’s it, 20 facts about me! Feel free to DM me any time if you want to.
And let me know in the comments in which country you live, I would love to hear that! (I hope someone will do that LOL).
Lots of love,